Preventive Measurements against Zika Virus
What is the Zika virus, how to be concerned about us and how we can protect ourselves from this? I need to know about the new virus spreading.
How to secure against the Zika virus
From the tropics of Africa, Southeast Asia and the Pacific islands, the new threat of global health recently presented cases Of Zika Virus in America and in Europe.
What is this notorious virus Zika, how dangerous it is and what we can do to protect ourselves? The Zika virus like the virus that causes dengue fever, and is transmitted by being bitten by an infected mosquito.
Symptoms of Zika Virus infection
Disease symptoms include
- eye redness,
- muscle and joint pains
The incubation persiod varies from 2 to 7 days. The disease is usually mild and lasts 4-7 daysand is under investigation whether linked to births of infants with microcephaly.
Images of childs infected from Zika Virus
Preventive measurements against Zika Virus:
Note that there is no vaccine or medication for the prevention of the disease but there is a news that India has succeed in this mission to prepare a vaccine but no such great evidence presented. That’s why the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KEELPNO) issued cautions to those who intend to travel to areas where there is an epidemic. Those who are about to travel, then, in the regions of Asia, Africa and Central and South America to here should be aware of the following:
- Take continuous measures to avoid bites from mosquitoes, as the mosquito that transmits the zika virus disease snacks during the day and night, outdoors and indoors and in urban areas.
- Particularly Regarding infants, the elderly, pregnant women and people with severe chronic diseases or immunosuppression is recommended taking into account the risk of disease and the recommended precautions before traveling to endemic areas.
- Particularly recommended for pregnant women increased protection against bites from mosquitoes in endemic areas.
- The Traveler is recommended to wear loose, light clothing with long sleeves, long pants, high socks, and also outdoors, closed shoes and hat.
- Use the uncovered skin repellents, such as at a concentration 30% DEET (N-diethyl-m-toluamide) – 50%. For the spraying of the machine (not directly on the skin) using insecticides such as permethrin, tetramethrin and allethrin.
- Use insecticides (spray, snakes, tablets) areas to catalyze.
- Use a mosquito net during the hours of sleep. Recommended mosquito sprayed with insecticide.
- After Returning from region to virus outbreaks, it is recommended to monitor their health for 12 days.
- If During these days presented fever, headache, redness of the eyes, rash, muscle and joint pains, advised the traveler to seek medical attention and inform the physician their travel history.
- Use lot of juices and fruits
If you feel any kind of such symptoms consult a physician.