What we need:
- 1 medium orange juice & zest
- 3/4 cup. Dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups. Wholemeal flour soft
- 1/2 cup. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp. teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup. almonds coarsely chopped and lightly toasted.
How we do it:
- Prothermenoume oven at 160 degrees Celsius
- In a small pan, heat the antoikollitiko orange juice and apricots, not boil. Remove from heat. Leave for 20 minutes until soft components, especially apricots, and chontrokovoume.
- In a large bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, the baking soda, and nutmeg. We make a lakkouvitsa in the middle.
- In another bowl, Whisk together the egg, egg white, orange zest, 1 tsp. Fresh from the orange juice. Pour in the center of the flour mixture and mix well, adding some juice even if it is necessary to make the dough a little softer. Finally add the almonds and apricots anakatefnotas gently go everywhere.
- In a pan put wax paper and place the dough. With lightly floured hands trying to make the form thick Laganas (40Ch5cm). Bake for 25 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 150 degrees. Cut diagonally into slices hundredth (somewhat chontroutsikes slices) again Put the slices in the oven, leaving a gap between them.
- Allow to dry and take a uniform brown color about 20 minutes depending on the oven. Finally let it cool completely before eating.
A few secrets yet
The biscotti we can keep in aeroteges pan (best metal cookie box) for more than 1 week. It’s perfect and very nutritious snacks for the kids at school but also friendly of assembly. Also we can plunge one side halfway into melted chocolate for chocolate lovers.