What we need:
- 100 g. blanched almonds
- 130 g. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 230 g. flour for all purpose
- 100 g. raisins
How we do it:
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and bake the almonds in a preheated oven at 180oC for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool and coarse-grind in a food processor.
- In bowl mix together the flour with baking powder and salt.
- Beat in blender eggs with the sugar for 2 minutes and first add the vanilla and then little by little the mixture with the flour and stir well. Pour the almonds and raisins and mix with a spatula.
- Divide the dough in half and place them in a baking pan with parchment paper (with wet hands to hang), forming two trunks.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180oC for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and cut each log diagonally into thin slices which put it back into the pan. Bake at 170oC for another 20 minutes.