What we need:
- 300 g. peeled almonds
- 300 g. sugar
- 300g. flour
- half tsp baking powder
- 8 eggs (separate yolks and whites beaten meringue)
- 2 vanilakia powder or a few drops of vanilla essence
How we do it:
- Beat the butter becomes white (about 15 minutes).
- Add sugar and continue beating until homogeneous mixture.
- Add egg yolks and continue beating.
- Alternately add 1 tsp. flour (in which we shuffle vanilakia or if we use the add vanilla essence unchanged in the mixture) and a little meringue and continue stirring. Attention in this phase stir gently with a spatula rather than with a mixer (not to ‘cut’ the mixture).
- When the mixture is smooth and add the baking powder, stir to go everywhere.
- Add the almonds and pour the mixture into the pan (after we have buttered and floured).
- Bake in preheated moderate oven for about 45 minutes.
- Once cooked leave to cool slightly, and turn it upside down to xeformaristei.
- Cut with very sharp knife into thick slices 2 to 3 fingers. Each stick cut into biscuits (bite size).
- The spread back into the pan (lined with parchment paper) and bake at 150 degrees until golden brown.
In those / those the dare … Good luck !!!!