What we need:
- 1 cup. blanched almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 c. flour (and above for the hands)
- 3/4 cup. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond aroma
How we do it:
- Put the almonds in a pan and place in the oven at 180 ° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool. Keep aside 1/3 cup and the rest chontrokopste.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150 ° and Pave with parchment paper a baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix the eggs with the scent of almond.
- In most large bowl place the flour, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a food processor put 1/3 of the almonds that you keep a few tablespoons of the flour mixture. This will make the almond powder easily. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix everything well.
- Gradually add the eggs and stir. Add the chopped almonds. If at the end of your mix is too sticky, add a bit of flour you have the edge. It should continue to hang slightly hands, just not too much.
- With floured hands (we said little sticky), divide the dough into two balls. On a floured surface then each ball a roll 25 cm. Long and 5 cm. Diameter. Put two rolls in your pan, leaving distance between them at least 5 cm. One that will spread. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until stiff.
- Remove from oven and place them on a cutting board. Once cool a little, take a odontoto knife and cut diagonal slices rolls, about 1 -1.5 cm. Thick. Put the pan again, cook on one side for 10 minutes and then turn to the other and bake for another 10 minutes.
- When cool the store in an airtight jar. They stay fresh for too long.
A few secrets yet
- Do you scare the many directions. It’s easy. And the biscuits are very tasty.
- If you want less crispy, let the less the second time in the oven.
- You can then take the little chocolate icing. Melt 85g. couverture with 5g oil in a double boiler. Mix until uniform and shiny. Dip into one end of the biscuits and leave to cool on a clean grease-proof paper.
- The size of the eggs plays a very large role in the nuts. If it is too large then the dough will stick to your hands too, if small will be very tight and hard to make the dough. The best solution is to get large eggs and not to put the entire amount into. Leave a little to the bowl and if you find that you need, add them.
Image Gallery - Image 1