What we need:
- 350 g. flour for all purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp mixture of sweet (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger)
- 250 g. brown sugar
- 3 eggs large
- zest of one orange
- 85 g. raisins (after the soak briefly in hot water)
- 85 g. dried plums (cut into small pieces)
How we do it:
- Mix in a bowl the flour with sugar, baking powder and spices. Beat eggs, add to the bowl with the orange zest and mix using our hands. If we see that the dough is dry, add a little olive oil (a tablespoon).
- Last, add the prunes and raisins and work the dough to join our materials.
- Place baking sheet in a large pan and hand out the dough in two. Shape two rolls length 30 cm. And place the pan making sure it apart.
- Bake in ready oven in 180oC (air) for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and leave for 10 minutes to cool. Transfer the rolls to a cutting board and a sharp knife, cut diagonal slices 1 cm thick. Which put it back into the pan.
- After you turn down the oven temperature to 140oC continue baking for another half hour (15 minutes for each side).